• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Rubicon Trail vs Moab.....

Moab vs The Rubicon

• Moab

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Rubicon

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Both are cool.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Neither, both suck.

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JRW7072009

NAXJA Forum User
Alright this is the argument at work right now. I am from Utah born and raised and just moved to Nor Cal about a year ago. The guys at work (who have lived in Nor Cal all there lives) are trying to say that Moab sucks and The Rubicon is the best ever. One guy has been to Moab once for Easter Jeep Safari and thinks it sucks, the other has never been there but still thinks it sucks.

I have not been to the Rubicon yet but can say it looks very cool however I have been to Moab many times and I am just trying to tell them that yes the Rubicon is cool, but Moab is awesome there are tons of trails lots to see, and the Rubicon is one long trail basically. I think they both are very nice with beautiful scenery and are a must see or do for most people but also very different and you really cant compare the two.

What do you guys think, what I am looking for is your help to end this argument once and for all.
Thanks for you input.

I've done the Rubicon four times and been to Moab five times. While the Rubicon is a lot of fun, it doesn't compare at all to Moab, which has so many different trails and changes of scenery.

I don't know how someone can say something sucks when they've never experienced it.

They both suck, Hollister Hills OHV!!

Now that right there's funny. Don't care who you are...

Sad to say, The Rubicon and Moab are both still on my places to wheel list (my lockers should be installed sometime next month). I think most folks from CA think Moab is all just a bunch of slick rock as opposed to the "rock gardens" most CA trails are made up of. Burning rubber on giant rock slabs just doesn't seem like it would be as much fun as crawling your way over a boulder strewn trail. But I'm sure there must be more to Moab than that... right?...

No personal basis for comparison,...

Yet.

Went to EJS on'05. I'd like to spend a few days there when the whole place isn't a traffic jam.(even the trails)

Won't know about the Rubicon until next month.

They both are prime destinations.
Three years ago, we were behind a Nissan Xterra group on the Rubicon Trail.
Their last club run was at Moab. They kept commenting on how their rigs went everywhere they pointed them at Moab. They turned around (and let us pass them)
not too far past Walker Hill. They had to apply RPM's and were suffering rocker damage.
Both trails offer Beautiful Countryside. Moab is on my to-do list.

The Rubicon is fun and challenging. I haven't done Moab but it is at the top of my list of places to go, all the pictures I've seen of it are gorgeous, just being in scenery like that is spiritually uplifting, the wheeling would just be a bonus.

I've done the Rubicon four times and been to Moab five times. While the Rubicon is a lot of fun, it doesn't compare at all to Moab, which has so many different trails and changes of scenery.

I don't know how someone can say something sucks when they've never experienced it.

I couldnt agree more, I told them you could probably spend a week in Moab and not see everything or ride every trail.

I'll let you know after fall fling :)

I've done the con a few times love it.

Why not compare apples to apples. The Rubicon is one trail. How may trails are in Moab? A lot. A better poll would be Johnson Valley/The Hammers vs. Moab. Considering I have never been to Moab I can't comment on which is better.

Hollister? No way, its all about Prairie City.

been to the con, love it. Moab is on my list...

I've been to both many times, both are great for what they are. I like the desert but I like the mountains as well.
I'll take a helping of each please.

Why not compare apples to apples. The Rubicon is one trail. How may trails are in Moab? A lot. A better poll would be Johnson Valley/The Hammers vs. Moab. Considering I have never been to Moab I can't comment on which is better. QUOTE]

I have tried to tell them it does not compare but they still insist on making it and argument. Its all in good fun.

This all started because Rick Russell came in and restocked our rack with new DVDs and gave us some demos for us to play at work and one is basically the Rubicon and the other is mostly Moab, and they refuse to play or watch the Moab DVD (we have three DVD players and three flat screens) so I sneak in and switch out the DVD to make them watch it and it all turned into a big game on proving what was better. So got the idea to post a pole and see what you guys think and I am showing it to them tomorrow. It make work fun I guess.

They both suck, Mainly because they are too far from me! :D

Easiest way to end the argument once and for all? Stab them both. If they still argue, either you didn't stab them good enough, or the Rubicon really is that awesome. Or if jail time doesn't sound good to you, you could always just avoid the argument...

That's my only contribution as I haven't wheeled either yet. :D

Easiest way to end the argument once and for all? Stab them both. If they still argue, either you didn't stab them good enough, or the Rubicon really is that awesome. Or if jail time doesn't sound good to you, you could always just avoid the argument...

That's my only contribution as I haven't wheeled either yet. :D

I will consider this:thumbup: its only jail time if I get caught.... right?

Back