• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon on 33s?

NOTNSUV

You Guys ROCK!
Is the Rubicon doable on 33s/4.56? Locked on both ends. I've never been, and hear tire size minimums are getting larger due to trail wear. I wouldn't be ashamed to take a couple bypasses but prefer the full-meal-deal. I do have some weather-checked BFG KM2 16/35s but worry about airing down with the sidewall condition. Or I could swap the 35s off my TJUR I suppose.

Any events coming up that a search didn't find? Now that I'm retired I'm open to most dates. And it doesn't have to be a major event.

33s and lockers and 4.56s would be fine

bring spare front shafts, and have a spare driveshaft

What's the minimum requirements?
IMHO, it entirely depends on driver's skill. For some it could be as simple as 31" ATs, open/open on 4.5" lift. Armor highly recommended, D35 optional.

😉

Last edited:
I have not gone on NAXJA runs for years because I don't meet the minimum requirements for the Rubicon run. :flipoff2:
you meet the mins with driver skill haha.

those are mostly there for newbs who have no freaking clue what they are doing.

IMHO, it entirely depends on driver's skill. For some it could be as simple as 31" ATs, open/open on 4.5" lift. Armor highly recommended, D35 optional.

😉
Thanks my 89 wagoneer has 35s, 4.88s locked front and rear with an 8.8. I plan to do armor and long arms next and currently doing dual diaphragm booster upgrade. My friend and I are building to do the rubicon next year. Just was curious what requirements they had, to see if I had forgotten to put on my list.

Thanks my 89 wagoneer has 35s, 4.88s locked front and rear with an 8.8. I plan to do armor and long arms next and currently doing dual diaphragm booster upgrade. My friend and I are building to do the rubicon next year. Just was curious what requirements they had, to see if I had forgotten to put on my list.
The rubicon has no requirements as it is a county road. There are requirements for NAXJA official runs and recommendations for you to enjoy your time on the trail.

Your build is above both and should have minimal issues.

The rubicon has no requirements as it is a county road. There are requirements for NAXJA official runs and recommendations for you to enjoy your time on the trail.

Your build is above both and should have minimal issues.
Thanks for the reply I was just curious the minimums. Appreciate your time

Back