• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So who's all showing up? thinking about showing up? hoping to show up?

Not going to be there this year :(. This will be the first year I won't be there in, well, forever. I've been there for every NAXJA Fall Fling. Last year I had started a new Job and took 5 days off without pay so I could make it. They will no longer allow time off without pay so I must use vacation time. I'm using my only week off to go to CO this year. Next year I'll have 2 weeks of vacation so I will likely do Moab and maybe Tellico again. But for this year, ya'll have a great time and post lots of pics.

B-loose

Well I'm 95% sure I will be there and this time I'm ready for anything. It's locked with an 8.8 and 4:1 and all kinds or other good stuff. Now, if I could only drive. :laugh:

looking forward to it again this year... had a great time last year... can't decide on accomodations tho... trying to work in some "company" for the trip this time... i'd be intertested to know if the head count so far is near what it was last year...

Okie Terry, what route are you taking & when? i'm coming up from TX and will hit 40 in amarillo and may join in the caravan...

gonna try and get in some kayaking maybe this time and some geocaching, maybe even some climbing/rappelling... too much to do there, i love it!

rokclimbertx said:
looking forward to it again this year... had a great time last year... can't decide on accomodations tho... trying to work in some "company" for the trip this time... i'd be intertested to know if the head count so far is near what it was last year...

Okie Terry, what route are you taking & when? i'm coming up from TX and will hit 40 in amarillo and may join in the caravan...

gonna try and get in some kayaking maybe this time and some geocaching, maybe even some climbing/rappelling... too much to do there, i love it!
We will be in Amarillo at 11:00am on Monday morning. We will stop for gas in east Amarillo. If you can meet up with us I can find out witch gas station and what exit it is. Right now, all I know is that it's a BIG new place on the south side of I-40.

I'm in. I was going through on my vacation anyway at this time. When I seen one of the runs was going to be Shaffer Trail, I figured I could do that easily. I just got my XJ 4weeks ago and the only modification is the NAXJA sticker on the window. So I have what, 4 weeks to add some hooks and armor. Nothing like a deadline to get you motivated. See you there.

Mary

rightseatsis said:
Nothing like a deadline to get you motivated. See you there.

You've got that right :) Btw, there is plenty trails out there that you should be able to handle!! Also to all that are coming, don't forget to make your reservations at Slickrock if you're camping.

Boatwrench said:
Well since Mary's going & I'll be putting the armor on her XJ (and quit telling her she needs so much, I'm trying to paint my house!) I'll fly into SLC and rent a wreck to get to Moab.
Tom
Don't tell me that there's something about Mary that I missed? Who's Mary? :D

I'm going for part of it anyway. Get there Sun. evening, run a trail Mon. then assume trail leader duties for Steel Bender on Tues. Probably leave Wed. AM.

Looking forward to it!!!

Scrappy said:
I am in! I am working hard to get my jeep together. Is the tent camping bad there?

Matt

Tent camping isn't bad at all, in fact, if you camp at Slickrock Campground there are lots covered tent sites are well as limited cabins. Showers and bathrooms are included........

mbryson said:
I only damaged a tranny pan, and wiped out a beefy tie rod from that. No harm done....:D
you really should be carefull with those tie rods, how many is this? and how is that YJ coming, I saw a 97 vortec 454 for sale on rme, and the gears started turning again :D Hasta

sort of planning on it, the wife did ask me what I wanted for my B-day :D but I'm trying to figure out how to get her allong with...... so I may be riding shotgun in my own ride... not so bad when you've been there done that I guess.

Remi...I believe that Mary is his sister. Maybe she is single?! Anyway, it looks like she is gonna bring her brother. thye more the better!

Kejtar said:
Don't tell me that there's something about Mary that I missed? Who's Mary? :D

Danno said:
Remi...I believe that Mary is his sister. Maybe she is single?! Anyway, it looks like she is gonna bring her brother. thye more the better!
Damn don't tell me you all missed the corny shot at the movie from couple years ago!

It's in my thoughts to go. I will make a good effort to get down there. Had a great time last spring with everyone. Thanks to Tom W., I don't have leaf spring troubles anymore. I was just down there on Saturday on Rusty Nail and can't wait to get back down there.

Back