• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Small Pop-up camper

I'd update this thread except there's nothing to update...

Somehow I have a 6 page thread about this camper that I haven't hardly done anything to. lol

Perhaps I'll get something done to it with some upcoming downtime.

i've got an 83 coleman colorado that i picked up for 50 bucks a few yrs ago. nice light weight and doesn't have all the extra crap that the others do. i did a spring flip on it and am running a set of 205's on it at the moment, as soon as i can find the axle i'm looking for a decent price it's gonna go a little bigger and get some 265's like the ZJ. i built a rack for the front and soon it will get some tube to protect the rear as well as possibly a swingout tire carrier.

only pic i can find at the moment. this was 2 days after i bought it so it's still a low rider.
2010-03-07093945.jpg

Have you done anymore to this trailer dude? I am picking up an 88 version of this trailer come saturday.

Found some info @ Expo and Popupportal, what size tire did you end up with? The more i think about it 235's or 30's should be plenty tall for my usage.

Haven't seen this thread in a while.

Mine is still the same. I've taken it camping about 10 times now.

Nice... i havent gotten out since Montana last year. Looking fwd to the Fall.

This trailer will get me through the next trip, then see how i am after back surgery ..or if these days are over.

Haven't seen this thread in a while.

Mine is still the same. I've taken it camping about 10 times now.

How do you like setting it up and sleeping in it? I've been trying to tell the woman that a pop up would suit us best right now but she's not listening.

How do you like setting it up and sleeping in it? I've been trying to tell the woman that a pop up would suit us best right now but she's not listening.

It works perfectly for us. I can have it completely set up in about 10 minutes. I can set it up way faster than a tent. The wife likes it, the kids like it, I like it. It's nice that I can throw all my gear in the camper to haul to a camp site rather than load down the inside of my Jeep.

The only wish I have is that I wish it were newer. Though, for the age, it's in great shape.

The only complaint my wife has at the moment is that the beds aren't cozy enough. I fixed that by adding a 4" thick memory foam pad on top of the original bed pad. Granted, she's used to sleeping in our Serta memory foam bed at home and she's pregnant. Have ever watched a pregnant woman try to get comfortable?

I'd like it to be newer just for the simple things that are worn out. All of it could be fixed by I'm lazy.

The latches on the sides that hold the top down while in storage are in rough shape. The canvas is "sensitive". It's styling is far outdated and it's heavier than a newer, nicer one.

I'd like it to be newer just for the simple things that are worn out. All of it could be fixed by I'm lazy.

The latches on the sides that hold the top down while in storage are in rough shape. The canvas is "sensitive". It's styling is far outdated and it's heavier than a newer, nicer one.

Ah, I see. I don't blame ya on that. I'll drop you a couple benjamins if you wanna deliver it to me :D

Back