• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Load Suggestions?

I misplaced my sleeping bag years ago, so picked up a new tent and sleeping bag the other day. I am kind of new to this, so any suggestions on the camping front would be great. I am hoping to have some vehicles sold and a Tahoe acquired by WF so I can trailer my XJ. I didn't realize they have electric so easily accessible out there, I may just bring the electric heater and sleep in there.

Or is a tent the only way to get the legitimate Winterfest experience?

Pansy! You don't need a sleeping bag for WF! You roll yourself up in a tarp and sleep under the Jeep......that's how the hardcore guys do it!

(says the guy that made hotel reservations.):D

I'm wanting to register for this...but my concern is much the same as XJ Strykers concerns. My rig is:
1) not much of a rig, (a 4.5" lift and 31's)
2) going to be driving there and hopefully driving it back :D

so, I'm a little wary of actually attending.

I'm wanting to register for this...but my concern is much the same as XJ Strykers concerns. My rig is:
1) not much of a rig, (a 4.5" lift and 31's)
2) going to be driving there and hopefully driving it back :D

so, I'm a little wary of actually attending.

Ah, come on now... (says the guy who is only 30 minutes away from the Badlands...)

I've managed to go out there half a dozen times and not break anything so far. I think you'll be around people who are experienced enough to know your rig's limits. And from what I've gathered, I don't think anyone will leave you broken and stranded... right guys? ...right? :D

I would say that you could drive out just to be social and ride along with someone, but you know once you get out there you're going to want to see what your rig can do...

I drove all the way out from Jersey (13hours) a few years ago, wheeled the piss out of my Jeep and drove all the way with only a minor hiccup a few years ago. Don't miss Winterfest! In fact, I may just happen to show up a for this years event :cheers:

you need to come. my first naxja event was Tellico in 01, I had 3" and 31 thornturds. Only a rear locker. I wheeled with Ron S with his MASSIVE XJ on 35's and had a great time.

(start music from dirty dancing)

there's alot of us that have big rigs now, but we all started small, Gene MJ is a great example, Pat is another. It's like being a father again, seeing 'your boys' grow into men. If you love to wheel, love your jeep, you need to attend events to see what others are doing and I can promise that you wont be left to fend for yourself, you will learn to wheel and the biggest promise is that you will have the time of your life.

see you there.

(sorry for getting emotional, pass the tissue please)

you need to come. my first naxja event was Tellico in 01, I had 3" and 31 thornturds. Only a rear locker. I wheeled with Ron S with his MASSIVE XJ on 35's and had a great time.

there's alot of us that have big rigs now, but we all started small, Gene MJ is a great example, Pat is another. It's like being a father again, seeing 'your boys' grow into men. If you love to wheel, love your jeep, you need to attend events to see what others are doing and I can promise that you wont be left to fend for yourself, you will learn to wheel and the biggest promise is that you will have the time of your life.

see you there.

You could not have said it better. My first NAXJA event was WF08 and it is what hooked me. I had been wheeling for years before that, but it was one of the best structured events and great group of guys and gals that one could ask to wheel with. This year I am going to make sure and get in as much camp fire time as possible. :D :cheers:

I got goosebumps...

my first winterfest was 01 or 02 and i had to sleep in a gay guys front yard the first night...no shit. the second night some girls from town were nice enough to take a few of us in.

cheers,

jj

This will be my first WF. I was at carnagefest 08 however and had a hell of a time with Big Hank, Pat, Rev, Hale, Brian, adam , Les, Nick(hanaxj87), and a couple other guys. Bunch of good dudes! and Brian and Adam cooked us up some good burgers!

see you there.

yer killin me...btw the first time i met you was at tellico in 01...its been downhill ever since...

remember tellico was the matt and nate brought their fathers with them? drank all of woody's beer...

i guess we did kind of wheel with ron s...or at least his tires wheeled down the hill...

mac 'was at attica the weekend of the original winterfest' gyvr

yer killin me...btw the first time i met you was at tellico in 01...its been downhill ever since...

remember tellico was the matt and nate brought their fathers with them? drank all of woody's beer...

i guess we did kind of wheel with ron s...or at least his tires wheeled down the hill...

mac 'was at attica the weekend of the original winterfest' gyvr

you were there too? er, I mean yes that was when i met mac too!

did you wheel with the group that did guardrail and heli? when I made guardrail only with the help of my warn? and when woody went up heli and the shit in the back of his mj went flying too?

that was a great time. like being in the back seat of my oldsmobile for the first time all over again.

down hill? I'll take that as a compliment.

btw, is your pass seat taken per our ph conversation?

you were there too? er, I mean yes that was when i met mac too!

did you wheel with the group that did guardrail and heli? when I made guardrail only with the help of my warn? and when woody went up heli and the shit in the back of his mj went flying too?

that was a great time. like being in the back seat of my oldsmobile for the first time all over again.

down hill? I'll take that as a compliment.

btw, is your pass seat taken per our ph conversation?

i missed the woody flying tire, nate and i were in town getting a windshield put in his commanche...

i'll get back with you on the pass seat...but i think i'm probably in either way :)

mac 'super secret squirrel stuff' gyvr

Back