• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Load Suggestions?

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
OK this will be my first official wheelin trip. So I will really be testing my rig. I will also be camping out there.

So my question is from all you vets.

What are some important Parts I should make sure I have!

Also what are some things for camping out there that you found very useful and make life a lil more bearable outside in the cold.

I know you can never have parts for every thing so I will scrounge what i can and hope.

Thanks!

OK this will be my first official wheelin trip. So I will really be testing my rig. I will also be camping out there.

So my question is from all you vets.

What are some important Parts I should make sure I have!

Also what are some things for camping out there that you found very useful and make life a lil more bearable outside in the cold.

I know you can never have parts for every thing so I will scrounge what i can and hope.

Thanks!

If you are like me and use it to DD, I'd say u-joints and maybe some spare shafts if you are wheeling it hard! I don't intend to wheel mine hard since i'm driving 1.5 hours each way. i know Nick(hanaxj87) will drive his and wheel the piss out of it! :D Make sure you have tools too. I'm sure there will be plenty of extra parts lying around at WF so if you don't bring it you can get a part if absolutely necessary!:cheers:

Bring basic tools.
I have seen so many things break, that there is no way to plan for everything.
There are auto parts stores in town, and there will be spare parts available.
We won't leave you in the park over night.

Thanks I got plenty of tools, Will look into the U-joints definitely. Mine will be a DD coming from what 6 hours away so I have to drive it safe also.

4 hour drive at the most, its 3 for me from my driveway to the parking lot with a quick fuel stop.

if you're sleeping in the back of the jeep, or a tent for that matter, bring an electric heater to plug in at the campground.

or you can always pick up one of the local skank to keep you warm... :D

"Luckily, I brought this spare joint!"

"anyone got any d30 ball joints?"

mac 'former napa store on wheels' gyvr

Just common sense stuff. Just make sure your basic maintenance is taken care of. Check all your joints, make sure you're fluids are full and look good. Bring basic tools, if you have something oddball tool wise that may be handy and doesn't take a lot of space, I'd throw it in. Odds are that if you need something that you don't have.....someone else will. Sean is right, you can't plan for everything.

Make sure you've got a couple of extention chords. I recall in years past that some of the electric outlet posts are a bit finicky. We had our tent set up right next to a post that wouldn't work, so we daisy-chained a couple to get power.

Don't come to camp with a D44 in the back and expect a bunch of help putting it in after a day of wheeling!

Bwahahahahaha!

I had forgotten about that!

Oh, yeah. Listen to your spotter too!

BEER!!!!!!:D

Back