• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what trails are on your "must do" list?

That's the one Mike. We should meet up in the Swell somewhere on the way to town, been itching to squeeze the Devils Racetrack in this year..

Rod, they had just graded the whole trail including most of the wash sections when we drove it (that was a year and a half ago, weekend before the 06 fall fling when the whole area got dumped on with rain) unusually smooth ride and fast cruising out to Factory Butte. My father and a neighbor drove it earlier that year in the spring, reported a long rough ride, barely made it across muddy creek with a Z71.

Well, its been 5 years since I was there but I do want to get back sometime. Road improvements are a bummer. I used to live in Utah. I remember back in the 70's driving out to Grand View Lookout in Canyonlands NP on ungraded dirt roads. When they paved them for the European tourists the remote feeling to it was just unfortunatley lost.

Kejtar said:
oh yeah.. can you give me a detailed report on Pritchet? :D

Pritchett was last Saturday, I met up with Thom Charon and we made it through the trail without any trouble. I'm going to the Goblin Valley area next week for a few days of hiking though.

xjblue said:
That's the one Mike. We should meet up in the Swell somewhere on the way to town, been itching to squeeze the Devils Racetrack in this year..

Actually, that does sound enticing. DR is reached off of an obscure exit on I-70 somewhere near the south edge of the Sids Mt. WSA, right?

Still too early to figure out the schedule of my cross country mile run, so I'll check with you again as we get closer, maybe we can work somethin' out.

MG

Mike in NJ said:
Actually, that does sound enticing. DR is reached off of an obscure exit on I-70 somewhere near the south edge of the Sids Mt. WSA, right?

Still too early to figure out the schedule of my cross country mile run, so I'll check with you again as we get closer, maybe we can work somethin' out.

MG

Yes, there are one or two approaches from the south IIRC, at least one of wich is followed by driving underneath I-70 ala my avatar. Let me know!

Handlebars said:
Sounds like Loose Screws '08 is in the works! :D

Yes it does! After DR it would be very easy to include a couple other routes (namely) on the way out of the swell headed towards Moab. After no real Loose Screws 07 I'm having withdraw issues.

IntrepidXJ said:
i'd like to finish Hey Joe Canyon this time. Maybe an overnighter on White Rim.

I will also be doing a bit of geocaching myself :)

Hey Joe is not all that Randy. At the end of the trail the shack that used to be there has fallen down. When we went last FF there was lots and lots of tamarisk. I mowed down as much as possible with my roof rack! :D I think Derek will back me up on this, haha.

Ramsey said:
Well I have a pretty decent fear of heights, what are the trails that take you rather close to the edge of some decent drop offs so I know what to avoid.

Porcupine Rim, Spring Bottom, Cliffhanger, Easter Egg Hill, Moab Rim, Chicken Corners...:D

I would love to do Pritchett again, Hells Revenge but I need to get in the hot tub, up the Escalator, and Hells Gate is on the list too, Been a while since I did Steel Bender, and Fins/Porcupine is always fun!

MoabXJeeper said:
Hey Joe is not all that Randy. At the end of the trail the shack that used to be there has fallen down. When we went last FF there was lots and lots of tamarisk. I mowed down as much as possible with my roof rack! :D I think Derek will back me up on this, haha.

i did about half of it last year before I had to head out. but it's ok now, I'm sure I'll run it sometime on a weekend before FF now

Back