• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is ok, and what is not!

RedJeep2.0

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I looks like I will be going up on 34 11.50 super swampers, 3.55s, locked up front and rear, Dana30 and 8.25

So what is it like there?
Anything will get around or atlest 33s?

This is from Michael's Post on the trail runs:

"As a general rule the easy trails should be able to be completed by a stock XJ with little likelyhood of body damage. The moderate trails should be able to be completed with a 3+ inch lift/31" tires and minimum skid plates, certain obstacles will be more challenging than others and many are avoidable. body damage is always a factor, but not likely if care is taken. Hard trails should have 33" tires, good skid plates and at least 1 TAD. body damage is likely but not inevitable. "
See entire post here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=978229&page=7 11 th post on page.

You're smoked and won't be able to get out of the camp ground. Give up and just stay home and work.

On the other hand you will be more than fine. Like Dustin was saying he kicked some serious butt on his 30's.

Like Dustin was saying he kicked some serious butt on his 30's.
For sure; that being said, there are plently of spots that can challenge folks on 35" tires and up, and a couple spots that are 39"+ only. That's one of the things that makes Naches ideal for an event like this, with such different varying rigs and experience.

-----Matt------

You're smoked and won't be able to get out of the camp ground. Give up and just stay home and work.

On the other hand you will be more than fine. Like Dustin was saying he kicked some serious butt on his 30's.

We ran with Ed (Ginis Kratos, or something) and he was kicking major ass on a basically stock XJ. I think he had a 1-2" budget boost and 30"s, open-open.

We ran with Ed (Ginis Kratos, or something) and he was kicking major ass on a basically stock XJ. I think he had a 1-2" budget boost and 30" A/T's, open-open.

They're moving by way to fast. I cant wait to wheel again. Havent in my own rig since October or November of last year. :conceited

Yep, Moab was the last time I wheeled the XJ. had the CJ out 3 times since, it's not enough though. I'm making slow progress on most of my issues, still have 3 weeks to get it all squared away.

This thread got hijacked.

I need to get my Baby out.
Spending too much time fishing with the kids and not working on any toys.
Oh well, kids love it.

Last year i was on 3in with 31s. And i was able to follow the group i was with fairly well. I think in the end i was the slower one of the group holding everyone up :) But i was the only one not on 33s or better and open/open. It wasnt until back at camp they told me I shouldnt have been able to follow them lol. So it goes to show just pick your line and use your head and you can do alot with just about a stock rig.

Ed

Back