• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque Converter Install Tips

BIG98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well im still slowly making progress in the AX15-AW4 sawp. Now its time to bolt the AW4 up. What do I need to do to the torque converter to seat right on the tranny? Ive heard you should put a quart of fluid in before. I searched but couldnt really find anything. Help me get this swap over with!

BIG98XJ said:
Well im still slowly making progress in the AX15-AW4 sawp. Now its time to bolt the AW4 up. What do I need to do to the torque converter to seat right on the tranny? Ive heard you should put a quart of fluid in before. I searched but couldnt really find anything. Help me get this swap over with!
In the converter? That would be correct. You will also need to change your TPS and Brake switch.

Im not worried about any of the wiring yet, my main question is how do I get the torque converter to seat properly on the tranny so its ready to bolt up?

The trick with the TQ is to match up its notches. Put it into the tranny and line up the notches you will feel when it goes in correctly. Also as far a fluid is concerned i wouldnt worry about filling it, no need to add more weight as long as you dont drive it instantly. I have always installed it and then put it 4 quarts start the jeep put it in nuetral and add as needed slowly.

pete

Push turn Push turn Push turn.
Converter.jpg

thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know. Well see how it goes on wednesday.

Back