• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things my rig needs before FF...

front axle truss
cooling issues
death wobble issues
Trackbar bracket brace
install winch
steering box brace
hydro assist
plumb rear ARB line
finish rock lights
wire in cab switches for winch/lights/ARB
fix AC
re-glue/install headliner
cage maybe.

Few things I would like to do, not in any particular order.
Install my Soltek lights, possibly stock fogs in the rear for aux lighting.
Install air horn, almost done
Install/wire up master override fan switch.
I would like to install a trans cooler/temp gauge.
Hopefully wire up 2nd gear switch as well.
Install rear sound bar. maybe recover my headliner.
Clean out heep and clean the inside best I can.

New addition:

Jeep:
Swap tie rod
Change important fluids
Other is and ends

M416:

Register and plate it
Convert to 12v

Aaron might be screwed then. Lol

:roflmao: I may not be a fabricator but I'm pretty Damn good at wiring......one option is an $85 adapter and the other is to make one unless the trailer wiring is screwed.

:roflmao: I may not be a fabricator but I'm pretty Damn good at wiring......one option is an $85 adapter and the other is to make one unless the trailer wiring is screwed.

Adapter?

Dude all you need to do is remove the 24V bulbs and insert 12V bulbs. Then remove the intervehicle cable and replace. You don't have to cut a single wire on the trailer.

R&R Cooling system
Swap exhaust header
Tires-Found a used set of KM2s
Find the creak/squeak in the front endNot the front drive shaft, front brake pads are fine
fix radio any recommendations for an inexpensive, in-dash stereo with an AUX input for an MP3 player/

Remount HAM antenna
Mount mini Cobra CB
Find 5x5.5 wheel for trailer spare
mount stock rear bumper or build new bumper with integrated hitch

Adapter?

Dude all you need to do is remove the 24V bulbs and insert 12V bulbs. Then remove the intervehicle cable and replace. You don't have to cut a single wire on the trailer.
I know that. I just want to try and keep it as original as possible.

Remount HAM antenna
Mount mini Cobra CB
Find 5x5.5 wheel for trailer spare
mount stock rear bumper or build new bumper with integrated hitch

I might have an alpine deck with aux input. Otherwise, Fry's, crutchfield, or dare I say, wrost buy usually have decent deals on HU's

Jeep:
-Find new wiring harness so I can have working gauges again
-Wire up AW4 shifter maybe??
-Build spare driveshafts
-Finish getting spare axle shafts together
-Get spare spindle/hub/bearings ready
-Pop cover off the front 60 and check the locrite
-Change diff fluids front and rear

Trailer:
-Paint rims black
-Mount storage box on the tongue
-New front tie down points

Truck:
-Mount new turbo and exhaust manifold
-Retune truck to match
-Bump the timing on it
-Adjust exhaust brake
-New rear driveshaft u-joints
-Get front spare spindle/hub/bearings ready
-Get a spare rim or two for spare tires.
-Get iPod working again for music

I can make mine original in five minutes. I can show you photos if you need.

Wiring is no good! Looks like I'm buying a lighting kit, oh well LED's are better anyways!

Gonna do a spring over and Jerry can mount on it as well.

Jeep:
R&R front brakes. Will likely include knuckles
Maybe install parking brake cables
If above is done relocate 2M radio
Diff oil, both

Trailer:
Buy steel and build flatbed
Buy tubes, mount new tires

KLR:
Possibly get 3.5" bar risers
Oil change
Mount trail wheels

Extra:
Buy supplies
Figure out what the hell my plans are

Well got the diffs emptied, removed the snapped off stub of a bolt in the 30, and removed the two broken bolts in the 44 (that have been broken since 2006, that required a drill and heli coils). Need to do a hardware run then I'll be able to knock those off the list.

I also managed to see that my caliper guides do not have big divots in them like I expected. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad about this. On one hand I don't need knuckles, on the other my front brakes still suck a lot more than the ought to, I was hoping for the easy to identify fix.

Also while I drained my transfer case oil, holy crap that was some ugly fluid, I'll have to fill it back up last week.

This weekend went a bit sideways so I couldn't get a whole lot done to it.

The best thing I ever did was buy a bunch of lockout tags from McMaster several years ago. When I'm halfway through a project like this I put one of those tags on the ignition listing all the shit that isn't right so I don't do something stupid like drive without oil in the diffs.

PS - Scored a bit today too, realized I had a 9/16" allen head socket in some tools I inherited. That will be a lot cleaner than the use a bolt method I've done in the past to remove/install the fill plugs in my Solid/Rockcrusher diff cover.

Last edited:
Don't buy a kit. Just wire it yourself. And LED's are kewl. I love them on mine.

I'm gonna go into Napa and pick out what I like and my roommate will get them on his account. Then I'll get a long pig tail and wire it up.

Back