• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

serano campground for big bear fest

Ok, I took 80. How do I get there now. :) Ie, fastest 55mph route from SD.

Dang Robert! I missed that one!

80 markw

87 mr overkill
88 mattyj
89 robertk
90 santa
91 robertk
92/93 bburge
94 dzraces
95 grimmjeeper
96 kraker
97 karstic
98 skwerly
99 remi
100 brendan
101 remi

Cool, so the only one we don't have in that section looks to be #86!

Anybody else in Serrano, but not in the loop (physically)?

bburge

I've got my eyes on site 68, gotta check out my interagency pass first though becuase I might be entitled to a discount (it's in a Jeep, where it belongs ;)

Waited too long to get my old 92/93 site ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm crashing site 87. Is there going to be a stocker run? I'm not sure I'm ready for bigbear.

The Hildy clan* will be there, in a stock 4x4 Suburban (no XJ yet :-( ), booked at site 83. Looking forward to meeting more of y'all.

Planning on the stocker run(s) with cal... dunno what all's up there, the suburban's offroading has been so far limited to the mojave road (twice; the second time with no damage! :) ).

*clan, at this time, means me, wife, and six kids (6 mos -> 9 yrs).

cal said:
I'm pretty sure I'm crashing site 87. Is there going to be a stocker run? I'm not sure I'm ready for bigbear.

Just for you Cal....

dzraces said:
I vote Cal gets a all pavment run and just cruses the lake all day.........heck I bet he does more damage to his rig that way

hey now.. I'm not REMI.

Not to be an annoying newb, but from reading the description on the .gov website, it sounds like there are those park-style bbq grills* at each campsite at Serrano. Is that correct? (Makes a difference on the menu... ;-) )

--Hildy

*The one's I'm thinking of are a four-sided metal box on a metal post, at about waist height...

It's been a couple of years, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

But I believe they are metal rings driven into the ground with a grate covering about one third of it - about boot high.

bburge

bburge said:
It's been a couple of years, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

But I believe they are metal rings driven into the ground with a grate covering about one third of it - about boot high.

bburge

Yep thats about it. And I dont know if currently or not, but your not allowed to have charchol BBQ's. Just firepit or fuel/gas/propane.

Hildy said:
Does that mean you can do charcoal in the firepit only, or that you can't do charcoal at all?

:confused1 Hildy

Well the last time I was interested in a charcoal BBQ it was just before the drought ended last yr I think it was. And they were having nothing non gas out of the pit. in the pit I dont think they care or would know.

Last year the SBNF changed their fire regulatuions. Wood and Charcoal fires are ONLY permitted in designated fire rings at developed sites. (developed sites are campgrounds, picnic areas and yellow post sites).

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/conditions/

Fire conditions change. Currently fires are allowed in designated fire rings at developed sites. By the middle to the end of the summer expect that no campfires or charcoal fires to be allowed. Only gas stoves.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/passes/

Campfire Permits
- You can help protect the forest from wildfires by knowing and following rules for the safe use of fire. You must obtain a California Campfire Permit if you plan to build a campfire in a yellow post site or use a stove, unless you are in a developed recreation area (campground or picnic area). Wood and charcoal fires are never permitted outside yellow post sites, picnic areas or campgrounds.

FishPOET said:
Last year the SBNF changed their fire regulatuions. Wood and Charcoal fires are ONLY permitted in designated fire rings at developed sites. (developed sites are campgrounds, picnic areas and yellow post sites).

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/conditions/

Fire conditions change. Currently fires are allowed in designated fire rings at developed sites. By the middle to the end of the summer expect that no campfires or charcoal fires to be allowed. Only gas stoves.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/passes/

Campfire Permits
- You can help protect the forest from wildfires by knowing and following rules for the safe use of fire. You must obtain a California Campfire Permit if you plan to build a campfire in a yellow post site or use a stove, unless you are in a developed recreation area (campground or picnic area). Wood and charcoal fires are never permitted outside yellow post sites, picnic areas or campgrounds.
You forgot to mention if you have a onboard welder and get caught using it on the trail with out a fire permit in your possion it is a $2000.00 minimum fine if the fire danger is above low. I have seen 2 of those tickets given out in big bear by differnt rangers

ROBERTK said:
well I should have my heep back up with the rockjock 60 front and 14 bolt rear just about the weekend this is planned for, so I booked two spots 89 and 91, If I cant make it I will sell off my spots for face value to other NAXJA members at least. But I think I will make it. With extra room for others if anyone cares to pay for some of the camp site $ then your welcome to join in on my land lol...

Hey Robert, I'm thinking about coming up Friday am now with my RV & if you don't have anyone in the other vacant spot I would like to take it.. :cheers: Bill

hellbilly04 said:
Hey Robert, I'm thinking about coming up Friday am now with my RV & if you don't have anyone in the other vacant spot I would like to take it.. :cheers: Bill

I would but I have now me (ford tow rig and XJ) and my buddy clint (TJ and very small 4x4 trailer) and then one other guy in a XJ with very small trailer. Your only allowed 2 cars per single site. sorry.

Back