• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Mountain Chapter: Colorado

NAXJA: Rocky Mountain Chapter

• Yes

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • There is already a chapter that covers that

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
This subject has come up a couple times previously. I am keen to see a chapter be formed. Colorado Chapter is fine with me, but what about the WY boys? Cheyenne is a lot closer to Denver than to SLC.

I have a hectic race and rally season in 2004, so I will give the chapter efforts my full support, however, I have very little time to contribute this year. I will help anyone who wants the job. Tom, JJ, Fred, YellaHeep, Crunch,- where is Nay? Led?

Grant said:
but what about the WY boys? Cheyenne is a lot closer to Denver than to SLC.

Wy-orado?

Color-ing Chapter (bring your own crayolas)

About time you guys got organized under a NAXJA banner.

...and since most of my wheeling the last couple of decades outside of the Northeast has been between the Front Range and the Escalante, I expect an honorary membership invitation when you get rolling. (My Intermountain one must have gotten lost in the mail, Jeffy!)

Mike in NJ :patriot:

I voted "No"

because I don't think a place like Co should have a chapter....

Do you guys actually show up to go wheeling??????

:D
:D

hinkley

Grant said:
This subject has come up a couple times previously. I am keen to see a chapter be formed. Colorado Chapter is fine with me, but what about the WY boys? Cheyenne is a lot closer to Denver than to SLC.

I have a hectic race and rally season in 2004, so I will give the chapter efforts my full support, however, I have very little time to contribute this year. I will help anyone who wants the job. Tom, JJ, Fred, YellaHeep, Crunch,- where is Nay? Led?

I am sitting back watching the people who tar and feathered me in public for suggesting...god forbid...that the CO-XJ list consider becoming a club...now talking about becoming a club. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Of course we should. :twak:

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

I have no time for anything, but I'll do what I can. :clap:

Nay

Hinky, I figured they should name it the "I don't wheel in my own state" chapter :moon:

Sean

Grant said:

I'd like to see it stick to the Rocky Mountain format... I'm in Northern New Mexico, but would gladly attend events in CO. (We do have a few decent trails down here as well... ;-)

I've actually let my NAXJA membership lapse because I wasn't doing anything with it, but some localized activity might get me more involved.

--Fillmore

I'm here, I just joined to show my support for this idea. I'll help anyway I can!!
Led

Rocky Mountain Chaptor

Count me in, let me know what i can do to help

Graet idea? Do it let me know and I will come. As for Mark I just came back from 5 days in Moab with 12 jeeps from Colorado, yes we do show up. How many did you have on your last trip?

JohnJohn said:
Offer good for me too? We can go to Hinkley's new "Gentlemen's Club". :party:

Never use Hinkley and Gentleman in the same sentance.........you may give off the wrong impression..........

Mike in NJ said:
Wy-orado?

Color-ing Chapter (bring your own crayolas)

About time you guys got organized under a NAXJA banner.

...and since most of my wheeling the last couple of decades outside of the Northeast has been between the Front Range and the Escalante, I expect an honorary membership invitation when you get rolling. (My Intermountain one must have gotten lost in the mail, Jeffy!)

John will likely vote for Color-a-dooh.........and your honorary membership will follow your $100 honorary member dues.......

JohnJohn said:
Tom, errr.

Who says Intermountain anyway. I've never heard an East Coaster say "Hey guys lets go out West this year and ski the 'Intermountains'.

East Coasters say, "I'm going to Utah to ski the Greatest Snow on Earth"......don't flatter yourself, Rocky.

BTW, it wasn't my first choice, we wanted to include states like Idaho, NM and AZ and the members voted on it. If these states come up with their own chapters in the future, then a name change may take place......... so put a sock in it.

XJEEPER said:
East Coasters say, "I'm going to Utah to ski the Greatest Snow on Earth"......don't flatter yourself, Rocky.

What are you talking about? East Coasters ski on frozen mud alongside rednecks in jeans during rainstorms. Smart East Coasters (there are a few) know that it is far cheaper to ski in Europe in an authentic ski culture rather than paying exhorbitant prices to ski in rich-boy playgrounds in the Western US. People on the East Coast don't even know Utah has mountains. Actually, besides memories of the Olympics, I don't think anybody knows that Utah has mountains. Lest you forget, just about the last thing Utah is known for is mountains :helpme: or skiing :eyes: .

On the bright side, that is why the purists love Utah (generally more snow than Colorado and fewer crowds).

We could also name the chapter "Southern Rockies", which is technically what these areas are considerd. This would cover Colorado and New Mexico, and the Southern Wyoming guys could certainly join in given proximity to Denver and virtually nothing else.

Nay

Nay said:
East Coasters ski on frozen mud alongside rednecks in jeans during rainstorms. . . . just about the last thing Utah is known for is mountains

Cruel viewpoint, but, all too true many times. Then again, better skiers come out of Vermont - having experience in all kinds of conditions. (tough transition for the powder boys - "edge? what's an edge?").

As for the mountains - well, as nice as the Wasatchs are - I've got to admit that the San Juans really get my blood pumping. (although Wyoming's Grand Tetons win the big prize) Then again, Utah sure has a better visual vertical drop (i.e. the Manti-La-sals over your shoulder while staring out over Dead Horse Point).

I hate both of you! :D (coming from a state with a High Point of 1180!!!)

How are the chapters set up? Are the incorporated for liability reasons? I have a lawyer who owes me big time. I can get all the paperwork done for free. By the way, he owns a Cherokee. I helped him swap his tranny on my driveway last year.

By the way did you know that in Loveland, it is illegal to work on anybody elses vehicle on your driveway. You can work on yours, but heaven forbid you want to help out a friend. I got a citation today for helping my future son-in-law do some body work on his 4x4. What is this world comming to?

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado (I used to think it was the best town to live in)

Back