• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pahl McAllister's Pre-runner/Rock Crawler

SORRY about the huge pictures. I posted them from my phone so I had no clue what they'd look like.

So this story gets better and I'm blown away happy right now. I called JKS (which is actually owned by Sport Truck USA). I'm told they have a great warrantee policy and wow do they. I sent them the above pictures and they said that design seems weak. they are going to send me a new set AFTER THEY REDESIGN THEM!. If that takes too long they will send me a current design just so I can get my shock back on my Jeep.

All I can say is amazing customer service. Fast response, great to talk with, and they really are taking care of me. LOVE JKS!

Ive been busy beating the Jeep up and not taking care of it. So time for some TLC and upgrades! First the roof rack had to come off to put it in the garage. Barely fit!
tagy8e3y.jpg
The first uograde will be rear frame plates and the hydro bumps finally.
u9a3yvyd.jpg
then relocate my track bar and upper link mount
uneduda7.jpg
to make room for this!
qy6erymy.jpg
Lots more to come after that though.

I like the rear fiberglass. Wow that rear shackle is long.

Re: Re: Pahl McAllister's Pre-runner/Rock Crawler

I like the rear fiberglass. Wow that rear shackle is long.

Custom mounted 62" Deavers designed for a Toyota spring under. Way more free arch than deavers for an explorer which gives the up travel needed to actually go fast. 9" up and 11" down for 20" of rear travel to go with the 16 up front.

Keep in mind the Jeep had 8 or 9" of rear travel. F that!

Custom mounted 62" Deavers designed for a Toyota spring under. Way more free arch than deavers for an explorer which gives the up travel needed to actually go fast. 9" up and 11" down for 20" of rear travel to go with the 16 up front.

Keep in mind the Jeep had 8 or 9" of rear travel. F that!

I've always wandered why people didn't order longer length Deavers and a longer shackle, to try to get longer flatter springs for more travel. Or MJ Deavers or something.

So my Jeep is up for sale again! The guy is a friend of a friend and didn't dig the go slow sport. Listed at $8,900 but I'm sure he'd take much less.

I'm still loving the Explorer. Big bear was fun.
ygaba2uj.jpg

Did you rip off the fender flairs on the trail or remove them so you dont damage them?

Hey Pahl...It's been a couple of years since you posted. Do you still check in here? I know...You sold the XJ for the Exploder. Haven't spoken to you and Kamber since you sold the Baja.

Hey a name I haven't seen in a long time! I still read this site a lot but don't really post now that I sold the XJ. When we are rich Kamber wants another XJ. She loved the slow rock life but we can't afford two toys at the moment...we had our first kid 5 months ago!

You still out at any or most of the races? We took a year off when we bought our house and had the kid, but we plan to be in the dirt more this coming year. If you spot my Expo come say hi!

Back