• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab!

Will fuel prices affect your Moab trip?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • No.

Votes: 65 85.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She's working so much lately, it's getting to be a struggle for her to take more time off than her official number of vacation days. Only, tonight she asked me how much do you think we would get for the TJ and XJ to buy a JK like Jared's and keep it in Utah.

Vince said:
She's working so much lately, it's getting to be a struggle for her to take more time off than her official number of vacation days. Only, tonight she asked me how much do you think we would get for the TJ and XJ to buy a JK like Jared's and keep it in Utah.
:D

Wondered how long it would take you to come to your senses. I bet the shipping charges alone would cover half the build cost on one here.

DrMoab said:
:D

Wondered how long it would take you to come to your senses. I bet the shipping charges alone would cover half the build cost on one here.
Yes it would, and more. This year it will probably equal the cost of building a JK Rubicon for 35" tires.

It's a shame really. I just get the XJ built and then I move to a country where I can't even use it as a daily drive. The shipping charges are going to be a killer this year.

I'm going to play with the idea a little of selling her TJ back home and see what the numbers turn up. It makes a lot more sense to buy something local that will enable us to come back more often.

Vince said:
Yes it would, and more. This year it will probably equal the cost of building a JK Rubicon for 35" tires.

It's a shame really. I just get the XJ built and then I move to a country where I can't even use it as a daily drive. The shipping charges are going to be a killer this year.

I'm going to play with the idea a little of selling her TJ back home and see what the numbers turn up. It makes a lot more sense to buy something local that will enable us to come back more often.
Sent you (another) PM

Yep. I can't go anywhere without my wife. If I don't bring her jeep I would never get to drive. 2 heeps x 3200 miles round trip x $3.50 /15 mpg = $1500 in fuel alone, not including tank ups for trails.

However, If I win the Lottery tonight, I'm in.

goodburbon said:
Yep. I can't go anywhere without my wife. If I don't bring her jeep I would never get to drive. 2 heeps x 3200 miles round trip x $3.50 /15 mpg = $1500 in fuel alone, not including tank ups for trails.

However, If I win the Lottery tonight, I'm in.

start saving or buying lotto tickets!!LOL

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
there ya go !! gas covered!

Uh, well, not exactly . . . .

Northeast to Moab = roughly 2500 miles each way (includes some local Moab miles for "exploration").

MPG - being generous, let's say . . . 18
(Maybe Mike's will get this, although mine sure doesn't! :tear: )

5000 / 18 = 278 gallons

"Stimulus" payout = $600

OK, if gas is $2.159, we've got it covered!!!!

Chance of gas being at $2.159 in Oct 2008 . . . . . :greensmok :roflmao:

No matter though, there'll be plenty of NAC diehards making this trip - it's downhill on the way back (after Eisenhower tunnel), we'll just coast!

MG :patriot:

Mike in NJ said:
Uh, well, not exactly . . . .

Northeast to Moab = roughly 2500 miles each way (includes some local Moab miles for "exploration").

MPG - being generous, let's say . . . 18
(Maybe Mike's will get this, although mine sure doesn't! :tear: )

5000 / 18 = 278 gallons

"Stimulus" payout = $600

OK, if gas is $2.159, we've got it covered!!!!

Chance of gas being at $2.159 in Oct 2008 . . . . . :greensmok :roflmao:

No matter though, there'll be plenty of NAC diehards making this trip - it's downhill on the way back (after Eisenhower tunnel), we'll just coast!

MG :patriot:

i have different math.......
single parent claiming head-of-household... $1200
2 dependant kids....... $600

that is just about exactly enough for the trip...

sidriptide said:
i have different math.......
single parent claiming head-of-household... $1200
2 dependant kids....... $600

that is just about exactly enough for the trip...

married and one dep here so my is covered also!YEAH!! and its 1350 miles from here!

I voted yes...but let me explain

Its about 1530 to moab for me...I figured 3500 miles just to be safe. With the cummins getting about 9 mpg towing two jeeps on a trailer at $5 bucks a gallon...because its already 4.099 around here now...thats nearly $2k...

So instead of haulin two of my own rigs out, I'm gonna haul someone that is going to split fuel with me...sooooo if fuel was cheaper I bring two of my own, but due to the prices I'll have someone coming that will split fuel with me...

mac 'still cummins...but not strokin' gyvr

Nope. This trip is a vacation, the fuel is part of the cost of my entertainment.

Back