• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lodging/Campground

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Where are Saturday nights activities going to be held?

Reservations need to be made!

Good question!

I will probably be at Motel6 again. Especially if I have my son with me. I know a few folks have cabins or access to cabins. I am going to assume tha Serrano is the main camp, but with it being Cinco de Mayo, I am sure it will be crowded!! We shoudl probably try to book ASAP!

My point exactly, time is getting short and details are lacking.

karstic said:
My point exactly, time is getting short and details are lacking.
There is someone working out the details at the moment. Plan is to operate out of Serrano again and if things go right we should be able to make sure that people will be able to make reservations at camp spots next to each other.

I just got off the phone with the friendly staff at the Motel 6. She said they still had plenty of rooms left. Their going rate is $64.99/night. Also, cancelations can be as late as 6pm the day of your reservation. How close is the motel as to the trailhead?

TheWarWagon said:
I just got off the phone with the friendly staff at the Motel 6. She said they still had plenty of rooms left. Their going rate is $64.99/night. Also, cancelations can be as late as 6pm the day of your reservation. How close is the motel as to the trailhead?

10-15 minutes

Last time I stayed there. in January when we ran Gold Mountain, it sucked.

Beds weren't so comfortable, sheets kept slipping of the bed, lots of people running around all night.

It may be a little quieter seeing the ski season will most likely be closed.

TheWarWagon said:

I have stayed at the Motel6 several times. It's a Motel6, not Marriott...:laugh3: but it's warm, clean, and has showers. I am not afraid to camp, but if I have my son with me, the motel is much better. If he doesn't come, I may just buy a tent and camp with the group. I can't afford the RV I want, yet...

As for distance, the motel is only about 2 miles from the Discovery Center, which is the usual meeting spot.

rpraterxj said:
I am not afraid to camp, but if I have my son with me, the motel is much better. If he doesn't come, I may just buy a tent and camp with the group. I can't afford the RV I want, yet...

Yeah, my girl's going. She doesn't camp.

I was just checking out the serrano website. Looks all campsites are available for those dates currently. Not to sure if one area is better than the other though.

mattyj said:
I was just checking out the serrano website. Looks all campsites are available for those dates currently. Not to sure if one area is better than the other though.

There's an area called the "loop". I believe it's the campsites in the 80's. i will take a look at the site a little later.

Serrano Campground.

Check in time is 2:00pm. Check out time is 1:00pm. Quiet time is from 10:pm to 8:am. Pets must be on a leash at all times and not left alone in the campground.

Serrano campground is equipped with showers, toilets and telephones.

Sites 1 & 2 are reserved for SBNFA volunteers. Reservations must be made through the Discovery Center. There is no charge for volunteers (this includes Adopt-A-Trail volunteers)

Reservable RV sites with hook ups, and a dump station. $33.00 per night for 1 vehicle and 1 towed vehicle. $5.00 for extra vehicle. Maximum number of people per site - 8
Site #s - 35, 36, 37, 39, 40, 41, 42, 44, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64

Reservable Single sites. $23.00 per night for 1 vehicle and 1 towed vehicle. $5.00 for extra vehicle. Maximum number of people per site - 8
Site #s - 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 67, 68, 72, 75, 78, 79, 83, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 103, 105, 106, 107, 108, 111, 114, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 129, 130, 131, 132

Reservable Double Sites $46.00 per night for 2 vehicles and 2 towed vehicles. $5.00 for extra vehicle. Maximum number of people per site - 16
Site #s - 69/70, 73/74, 76/77, 81/82, 84/85, 92/93, 109/110, 112/113, 115/116, 125/126, 127/128

There are approx 20 non-reservable campsites on a first-come, first-served basis. You may select any open, non-reserved site that is available. The fee is due 1/2 hr after selecting camp unit, if your arrive after hours, check in at the Kiosk after 8 am the following day

Non campers –showers $3.00 per person.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/recreation/camping/index.shtml

http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundDetails.do?subTabIndex=0&agency=nrrs&parkCode=serr

Last edited:
FishPOET said:
Serrano Campground.

Check in time is 2:00pm. Check out time is 1:00pm. Quiet time is from 10:pm to 8:am. Pets must be on a leash at all times and not left alone in the campground.
Yup, we're working on getting all of us into the same area so that we don't have any poor unsuspecting folks stuck with our rowdy bunch :D

Well if you don't hear back we should just call Serrano and all book the same area, with any luck we'll fill it up before others. (just request exact sites)

I plan to pull down another double site for a dinner/raffle spot.

Kejtar said:
Yup, we're working on getting all of us into the same area so that we don't have any poor unsuspecting folks stuck with our rowdy bunch :D

So whats the word?

yes yes whats the word? if i can get in on camping save me a spot and let me know how to get it! i think me and the boy will be camping in the jeep, its my mobile tent :D

my son and i are in on this as well, so where and when??, so we can make reservations for friday and saturday nites, we dont want to have to walk half the campground to see people. :laugh3:

Back