• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How often does the chapter BOD meet?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Is it something like national? once a month over a course of a certain amount of time? Can we get (from this month on) regular minutes posted here? Along with attendance? And I request that the attendance list all non current/active BOD personnel as well.

Also, the fact that a bod member did a drive by on the forum shouldn't count as "present". They should be fully involved and participating in chapter business.

who lit the fire under Remi's ass? And on that note, why so involved in the runnings of the chapter all of a sudden after being pretty much non-existant since your term as VP a few years ago?

I'm not starting shit just curious as to why this is so important to you now, you seem to have a strong interest in the club again all of a sudden.

who lit the fire under Remi's ass? And on that note, why so involved in the runnings of the chapter all of a sudden after being pretty much non-existant since your term as VP a few years ago?

I'm not starting shit just curious as to why this is so important to you now, you seem to have a strong interest in the club again all of a sudden.
I can't help but wonder the same thing. Granted I have not been able to be as involved as I should have been this last 2 years. Believe me it is not apathy that has prevented me from getting more involved. I am living some kind of personal hell right now. I don't hold that out as some kind of an excuse but it is simply a reason.
Remi, I don't have any issue with you trying to do things to improve our club. We should all do that. The problem I have is with how you present yourself. Your posts often serve only to stir up trouble and cause conflict on the forums. How this helps the club I don't know. If you truly want to improve things in our club how about putting some thought into how you present yourself and how it effects the club. You put many people off by coming here after a lengthy absence and posting confrontational things right off the bat.

Wow, it really sounds like a lot of people are getting back into wanting this club to get back to the way it was( I think that's great) Hopefully we can all get together and work "TOGETHER" as a club to do it. I personally had been uninterested for sometime and have done nothing to help, I hope to change that. Posting as much BOD and club info in our new members only sub forum is a good thing, we all have different opinions and ideas on what and how to do things.

Lets make it a family club again!!!

I've been busy in a lot of things and have been distant..... I like my XJ (even though I don't drive it or wheel it too often), I care about NAXJA and the chapter and I wonder.

Things for the chapter have never been too organized (I admit that) but then the chapter has grown with the passing years and I wonder if maybe it does need to "organize" or "streamline" certain parts (like BOD operations). Way way back if we had $500 to our name it was a lot. Now we have more money, more merchandise, etc. With that comes the need for more accountability (It's harder to lose track of something if you have a little of it but it's easier to lose track if you have a fair amount of it).

So I wonder, I want the chapter to keep growing, evolving and remain the best one. So yeah, I will be asking question, I will be wondering and if you notice I am not accusing anyone of anything, I just want to see the chapter grow.... oh yeah, and public discussion will make people offer their opinions, their ideas and hopefully help the chapter evolve even more.

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder the same thing. Granted I have not been able to be as involved as I should have been this last 2 years. Believe me it is not apathy that has prevented me from getting more involved. I am living some kind of personal hell right now. I don't hold that out as some kind of an excuse but it is simply a reason.
Remi, I don't have any issue with you trying to do things to improve our club. We should all do that. The problem I have is with how you present yourself. Your posts often serve only to stir up trouble and cause conflict on the forums. How this helps the club I don't know. If you truly want to improve things in our club how about putting some thought into how you present yourself and how it effects the club. You put many people off by coming here after a lengthy absence and posting confrontational things right off the bat.

My posts stir stuff up? I have started two threads...... and followed up on threads of others. Am I stirring up trouble by asking (in the previous threads) for where is our money? And how they have been spent? I Think that's something that shouldn't even have been asked for (and at the very least not have to wait for 5months for).....

I am not attacking anyone, I am asking questions....

I Think that's something that shouldn't even have been asked for (and at the very least not have to wait for 5months for)

so you are pursuing an issue that you think should not have been brought up in the first place? Now I'm really confused :doh:

I like you, John, and I always have. We’ve wheeled and camped together, you’ve worked on my Jeep, I’ve told inappropriate jokes at even more inappropriate times and we’ve all had a laugh.

But I do have one question: If you know and fully admit you can’t do the job, why keep the title? Are you foreseeing that you’ll be able to dive in full speed in the near future?

In the real world, people who can’t do their jobs don’t keep them (CalTrans the obvious exception). If I were a president too busy to do a single thing with my chapter, I’d have stepped down quick style because I care about the club, not necessarily my status within the club.

[FONT=&quot]:) [/FONT]

I like you, John, and I always have. We’ve wheeled and camped together, you’ve worked on my Jeep, I’ve told inappropriate jokes at even more inappropriate times and we’ve all had a laugh.

But I do have one question: If you know and fully admit you can’t do the job, why keep the title? Are you foreseeing that you’ll be able to dive in full speed in the near future?

In the real world, people who can’t do their jobs don’t keep them (CalTrans the obvious exception). If I were a president too busy to do a single thing with my chapter, I’d have stepped down quick style because I care about the club, not necessarily my status within the club.

[FONT=&quot]:) [/FONT]

what has he not done?

Back