• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Easy trails interest

I'm sure that my wife and daughter would entertain going and doing something one day with whoever wasn't going to wheel.

mac 'they'd need a ride tho' gyvr

We are in for this.

Is there a day that is going to be the BEST? as far as scenery etc.?

We don't plan on being in the jeep for four days straight with a three and one year old.

On the easy ride that I lead, we will cover all the main perimeter trails around the park. This will take us to all of the overlooks and scenic photo op areas. We will be able to stop and play in the lower rock garden among other places so you can do more technical stuff or just watch others.

Something to keep in mind is that if it rains, the trail plans for the day may change. We decided to go see Lions Den last year and if it wasn't for MelkorsXJ's Willy's "tractor", we'd have never got everyone to the top.

I also think the Kingdom Come State Park is just up the road in Cumberland also, if you want more scenic stuff with no wheeling.

On the easy ride that I lead, we will cover all the main perimeter trails around the park. This will take us to all of the overlooks and scenic photo op areas. We will be able to stop and play in the lower rock garden among other places so you can do more technical stuff or just watch others.

Something to keep in mind is that if it rains, the trail plans for the day may change. We decided to go see Lions Den last year and if it wasn't for MelkorsXJ's Willy's "tractor", we'd have never got everyone to the top.

I also think the Kingdom Come State Park is just up the road in Cumberland also, if you want more scenic stuff with no wheeling.

Are you doing that every day or specific days?

With it being the first time for wife and son being at Harlan, I would like to get in on this so they can see the outlooks

Are you doing that every day or specific days?

Well, I need to figure out my plan since this will be the longest wheeling trip to Harlan for me. I normally wheel 2 days but with the event being four, I will need to figure more to do. It will also depend on group size and if we have any other leaders to help run the rides.

They have a trail that I want to run - http://www.harlancountytrails.com/littleshepherdtrail.php

It should a nice scenic ride. It is called Little Shepherd Trail and passes through part of the Kingdom Come Park.

We will run various routes over Black Mountain during several of the days.

Well, I need to figure out my plan since this will be the longest wheeling trip to Harlan for me. I normally wheel 2 days but with the event being four, I will need to figure more to do. It will also depend on group size and if we have any other leaders to help run the rides.

They have a trail that I want to run - http://www.harlancountytrails.com/littleshepherdtrail.php

It should a nice scenic ride. It is called Little Shepherd Trail and passes through part of the Kingdom Come Park.

We will run various routes over Black Mountain during several of the days.

What day do you expect to run that? Thursday, maybe?

I don't know yet. Mark and I will discuss it and may see how many are interested in going.

Maybe we need a poll?

I'd like in as well. Thursday or Friday.

I'm assuming rigs need to be tagged and insured to participate in this long trail ride?

I seem to have allowed my registration to laps. I need to get that taken care of...

I'm assuming rigs need to be tagged and insured to participate in this long trail ride?

I seem to have allowed my registration to laps. I need to get that taken care of...

I'm not sure what the official rules are, ubt I rode @ Harlan for two crawls with no registration.
Insurance is the big deal.

Back