• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caravan from Wisconsin on Thursday

Okay, Sherman, let's go in the Way-Back Machine...

Just to avoid Chicago traffic, I'm going to try the 39/74 route this trip.

see i tried that once a few years back and ended up taking some crap road east until i hit 41. do you take it all the way down to Kentland and hit 41 there?

that road has improved. It is a single lane road but there are a lot less lights than going 80 West to 41. I've done both...so I like 394 better.

Yes, Sean, we stop at that MvD's too. There is a gas station there as well.

BOB

im gonna try that route again then.

watch your speed going through Beecher.
There is always Police there.

The McD's and gas station is a good spot to gas up and go.

394 turns into Rte 2 and curves around to RT 41.
from there you have a clear shot all the way to Attica.

We plan the leave 9 or 10am Thursday morning.
I like to get to the Badlands to get the two day pass before they close at 5pm (Eastern Time) This helps avoid the long line Friday and Saturday mornings.

BOB

394 turns into Rte 2 and curves around to RT 41.
from there you have a clear shot all the way to Attica.
You mean between Beecher and Momence?
Goes past that little airport?
That is IL route 17 that curves off of 394/1 and goes east, then it becomes IN route 2 after the state line.

394 Turns in to RT1 around crete

then you can take rt1/rt17/2 east towards 41 right in grant park, puts you in Lowell.

or take rt1 in to momence and take 114/10 up to 41, this is the way i will be taking if my parents are watching my kids at there cabin. This puts you in lake village.

394 Turns in to RT1 around crete

then you can take rt1/rt17/2 east towards 41 right in grant park, puts you in Lowell.

or take rt1 in to momence and take 114/10 up to 41, this is the way i will be taking if my parents are watching my kids at there cabin. This puts you in lake village.

Yep....exactly.

:wave:

BOB

Anyone passing through/near Elkhorn WI on their way back Sunday?? I'm having issues getting a trailer to bring back friends 4.0L And I don't think it will fit in the back of the XJ (will be 'crated')...

I'll be heading up I39/I90 on Sunday. I should have room in the back of the Dodge.

I'll be heading up I39/I90 on Sunday. I should have room in the back of the Dodge.

Okay, I'll keep you update if I can get a trailer... Right now the only one available is a 6x14ft enclosed that I don't think I should pull with the XJ...

Okay, I'll keep you update if I can get a trailer... Right now the only one available is a 6x14ft enclosed that I don't think I should pull with the XJ...

have your friend rent a U-haul trailer.

BOB

My tow vehicle is officially down. :bawl: My friend apparently bought some ramp truck today and wants to try it out on this trip. Supposedly it's got some hopped up 350 and a 13 gallon fuel tank. If he manages to get his gas tank situation smoothed out, we'll tag along for sure. If not, I don't know what kind of mpg this thing gets, but it might get old stopping for gas every three exits...

Do we have a location and time to meet-up yet on Thursday?

Back