• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 tech

No sweat.

For me, the "hot setup" is to do the AMG upgraded parts into the J case. I plan to do this eventually, but I have lots of other stuff to do first. Hopefully it will coincide with a new chain so the case will be apart anyway. I have a couple of 1989-ish 242s kicking around, am casually watching ebay for AMG versions to get a feel for what a fair price is on one of those units ($400-$600 seems to be going rate, occasionally less, much less).

I really wish I had either infinite money or infinite time.

ECKSJAY said:
I know two guys personally who have done it. Tera required them to send in the front halves of their cases so they could be machined. I don't know the exact details, but that was necessary for the installation. 5 years later they're both doing just fine drivinga mildly built 4.0L w/ 44/60, and 4.7L stroker w/ 60/60 combos...both with 37" tires. :)

Cool stuff. Interesting that it lives up to big tires and relatively big input power.

The way people go on about these cases you'd think they'd split down the middle the first time they see power.

Root Moose said:
Cool stuff. Interesting that it lives up to big tires and relatively big input power.

The way people go on about these cases you'd think they'd split down the middle the first time they see power.

One of 'em actually competed with his rig back in the ARCA days. :) Always said if he broke it he'd get an Atlas.

Still going. :D

Back