• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You are new and on the fence about attending?

Is there a rough recommendation for trail level based on build level?

I'm fairly low on 33s, lots of armor and not afraid of body damage, but open axles and I need to be able to fix whatever I break before driving it home...

Without knowing what you guys consider medium or hard trails, I would put myself in medium group, generally only limited by spots where a locker is required.

Based on this thread, sounds like there are plenty of lines to make the easy trails lots of fun, but I'm not afraid of harder stuff either... so which should I sign up for?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=246054852#post246054852

mac 'clicky' gyvr

I noticed the driver's meeting is rated at 0 difficulty. I remember Dan having problems distinguishing between yellow and orange last year, therefore, I suggest we bump it up to a 2. :eyes: :D

Re: Re: You are new and on the fence about attending?

I noticed the driver's meeting is rated at 0 difficulty. I remember Dan having problems distinguishing between yellow and orange last year, therefore, I suggest we bump it up to a 2. :eyes: :D

This year, to prevent confusion, we will only use yellow vest. No matter what I say.

I haven't forgotten about this. I will likely be a last minute decision on the 24th. We have been out of wheeling for so long, its been hard to go on anything easy, let alone travel. I am still researching rock sliders, at least I have found a few worthy of install, but I have to wait on their construction. This rig may not end up being the true trail rig right now, but I am building it slowly as I can, or when funds can allow for it. And I am using my knowledge, and ideas from others tribulations to help with that. I have the parts for a complete Spartan front locker for a Dana 30. It needs a new cross pin, but appears barely used. I'd like to swap out my LP30 for an HP30, but since my local Pick n pull won't allow me in with the tools to pull one, does anyone here have one I could procure? Thanks for the humor on your build thread Fore Wheeler. I haven't laughed so hard at the fun it is building a true trail rig. Mine is slowly getting there.

ihscout 'waiting on the warden's final answer' lover

how did I miss the video!

I'm the idiot in a penguin hat, and the jeep next to me ran green. It's stock height on all terrains, and at the time had a bone stock D35 with a 200K mile limited slip in the rear.

oh, and my wife drives it.

So no telling me about how you're scared.

I aint the least bit skeered. I have wheeled this and my last '94 XJ on the same size(30") BFG AT KOs, and was going places lifted Scouts on 31's were having difficulty. I have faced a lot of challenges over the years, and learned many lessons, including not wheeling a trail alone....more for a campfire on that one. I am working to get at least the front tow hooks for now. I try my best to avoid getting into a situation that I can't get out of. I am excited to know there are so many of you that have been to this event multiple times be able to allow some of us whom have never even been to this park, to have a open invite and feel welcome. I have almost 14 years of off-road driving and extraction experience. I bring a lot of training and experience, and eventually would like to drag my Trail Scout along to tackle some of its issues. I am just looking forwards to getting the warden's green light.

ih "looks over shoulder to see if warden is looking" scoutlover

Last edited:
I aint the least bit skeered. I have wheeled this and my last '94 XJ on the same size(30") BFG AT KOs, and was going places lifted Scouts on 31's were having difficulty. I have faced a lot of challenges over the years, and learned many lessons, including not wheeling a trail alone....more for a campfire on that one. I am working to get at least the front tow hooks for now. I try my best to avoid getting into a situation that I can't get out of. I am excited to know there are so many of you that have been to this event multiple times be able to allow some of us whom have never even been to this park, to have a open invite and feel welcome. I have almost 14 years of off-road driving and extraction experience. I bring a lot of training and experience, and eventually would like to drag my Trail Scout along to tackle some of its issues. I am just looking forwards to getting the warden's green light.

ih "looks over shoulder to see if warden is looking" scoutlover

I've been all over the green trails on 235's, we'll get you through! :cheers:

Back