• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who is karstic?

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Who is karstic?

I am Stephan Regenfuss. I have been a Cherokee owner since 2003 and an Off-Highway Vehicle user since 1980. I have been a continuous NAXJA member since June of 2003. I organized one of the first SoCal Chapter Meet and Greets for the Orange County area. I took the reigns as the SoCal Chapter representative to the San Bernardino National Forest Adopt-A-Trail Program. I have also chipped in where needed for SoCal Fest, Rocking XJ Jamboree and the 2008 Fall Fling. In 2009 I provided radio relay communications for Team NAXJA at the King of the Hammers race. This past year I worked on the Team NAXJA pit crew at the Glen Helen race. I stepped to be the Chapter VP in 2012 when no one else came forward to be a candidate. This year I took over the President position. The information and friendships gained through NAXJA has provided me with the tools to build my XJ to comfortably and safely explore the backcountry of California.

My interest as the SoCal Chapter President position is to give back to an organization that I have gotten much from.

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for posting a thread about yourself so voters can get to know you.

a few questions:

how do you feel about opening the BOD forum to membership viewing? I personally don't believe paying members should be barred from seeing what goes on there.

how do you feel about increasing the number of BOD positions in order to spread the workload out?

how would you improve the member experience? are there any policies you would change?

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for posting a thread about yourself so voters can get to know you.

a few questions:

how do you feel about opening the BOD forum to membership viewing? I personally don't believe paying members should be barred from seeing what goes on there.

I don't like the idea. As a Board member you have to be able to put personal feelings aside and make decisions based on what is good for the chapter. The privacy of the BOD forum allows for candid discussion of issues at hand.

Input from the members is always welcomed by the BOD. And the Board should seek the Members input when making decisions.

The new BOD should communicate better with the chapter with issues facing the BOD where Member input could be useful.

how do you feel about increasing the number of BOD positions in order to spread the workload out?
Good idea. It has already been discussed by the current BOD and I hope it is something that gets implemented with the new Board.

The major workload issue that faces the BOD is planning SoCal Fest. As an alternative to additional board positions I would at least like to see a committee put together to plan and run SoCal Fest, something along the lines of a Run coordinator, Raffle Coordinator, t-shirt coordinator and a dinner coordinator.

how would you improve the member experience? are there any policies you would change?

I'll direct that back to you kinda along the lines of "ask not what your club can do for you but what can you do for your club?". We all have different expectations of what we should get as a NAXJA member. There are only three members to the Board, we can only provide so much to the Membership.

One of the things I would like to see is a better relationship between our chapter and some of the organizations, ie CORVA, Tread Lightly!, BRC, that are fighting to keep our public lands open to off-highway vehicle use. Now more than ever with social media and electronic communication is it easier to stay informed and make an impact when it comes to affecting the outcome of policy decisions in regards to land use.

I would like to see more participation in the Adopt A Trail program. Our participation directly affects our access to the San Bernardino National Forest. The more hours we volunteer equals more grant monies the USFS receives to manage OHV use on the Forest.

Back