• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sooo.....

gearwhine

NAXJA Forum User
Well.......let's get some talking going on here. Everyone gonna be ready with their Jeeps? Any goals? Any predictions on who's gonna roll/do something stupid? I just keep checking this forum and there are no new posts. Later _nicko_

Yeah, its quiet over here!!! I think my Jeep is about ready to go, I have a mystery clunk in the front that I am tracing down, but otherwise things are good. I am going to get longer brake lines for the front, and maybe go with a Skyjacker track bar setup, weld the studs on my rear axle shock mounts, and MAYBE get the rollcage installed before NAC-Fest, but we'll see. I just made settlement on a house in the beginning of Feb. and am very busy getting things in order. Should be slacking off later on this month though, so I can be more active around NAC again. I want to get out sometime in early April, either to Paragon or Rausch Creek and do some wheeling.

What about the rest of the gang????

A.

Well my Jeep is ready to go, but I want to make a rear tire carrier before nacfest and raise my rear shock mounts on my axle. Then work out some kinks in my rock rails. I'm actually set with spare parts this year...not that I broke anything before, but just in case. I could use longer shocks as well. I'll be out of school early May, so I should have all this done and more.

Sounds like you've got a lot going on Andy. What roll cage do you have? Is that the same one Lynn just installed in hers? I just got a tubing bender, and am looking into making a cage maybe late summer to next summer depending on time and money. You see Goatman's? That's the prettiest XJ cage I I've ever seen.

I wish I was ready to go. I need to replace my cooling fans, fix whatever is wrong in the front end that is preventing it from staying alligned, get new front tires, finish my TC skid, get the spool installed in the 44, and on and on and on. Most of it is little stuff, but with school and a part time job, time and money are both in short supply. I should be ready to go for NACFest, even if it takes some plastic shopping to get this thing finished.

I ended up selling the D44 I've been working on for like a year for some quick cash. Before NAC fest I hope to have another one, but it will be new/custom built. I'll probably still be stuck on 31" all terrains though, unless I find a deal.

Hey Nick,
Yeah its the same cage as Lynn's, but I am going to install it a bit closer to the pillars and tie in the seatbelt mounts. There are some additions I have come up with since we designed that cage. I want to incorporate a shelf in the back to support my spare, yet still leave room to stash my toolboxes/spare parts. I also want to add some bracing in a few more places. Yes, I saw goatmans cage, that is really nice!! I wish I had that kind of time to spend on my cage. It would be nice to design in the roof protection, and I may do that later, but for now I'll still have to keep the sides off the trees/rocks.

I have decided to move the tire inside on my Jeep. I modified my Tomken tire carrier to mount the tire 5" higher, but I still drag/hit the tire sometimes. I am putting the spare inside as soon as the roll cage is done.

A.

Yeah, you're getting your spare inside, I want mine out. I want my carrier to be an all purpose type thing with a rack above the tire, hi-lift mount, maybe even have a way to mount my receiver winch up out of the way. At www.xjworld.4wdriver.com He made a new tire carrier where he made the tire level adjustable.

Yeah I saw Lynn's...mounting closer to the pillars definitely would be nicer, but she seems to like it. I definitely would like some side roofing guards. Part of my rain gutter is ripping off, but I can't think of a good way to mount them without a roof rack or an internal cage. I like the internal shelf...that would be very helpful. You should go all out and make it slide forward on bearings or something to get to the hatch floor easier and all that jazz. You dont' have a back seat right?

So you gonna use that olive drab paint you won at NACfest to some good use...if you even have it anymore?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I want to incorporate some rails that I can mount slides to, so I can roll the shelf in and out. Yes, my back seat is long gone, I pulled that out shortly after building this Jeep.

I still have the olive-drab paint. One of these days I may spray over that purple, but for now its living up to its namesake.

I hope I can get all my shiznit together before the 30th...

move back to PA for the summer on the 25th, and the XJ needs about a week's worth of work to get ready!

Back