• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not going to make it

Bones

NAXJA Forum User
I held out some hope for the trip to Moab this year, but it isn't going to happen for me this time.
I drew the short straw at work and will be holding down the fort so to speak by myself for the next ten days. Salary sucks!

Add to that the F'n insurance company is still trying to screw me over the mishap in CO and all the while they mess around things just keep getting worse in the structural sense. Looks like this case will go to court before I see any real settlement.

Anyway guys, have fun and keep the rubber side down.

$25 to whoever takes Beezil tent sledding, but I want the video first :firedevil

Hopefully oneton will spend more time on the trail than wrenching in camp this year.

Bones :skull1:

Until next year all I can do is visit in pictures. I want to see some great shots from eveyone going.

sand2-vi.jpg

psm1-vi.jpg

psm2-vi.jpg

psm6-vi.jpg

anp18-vi.jpg

anp19-vi.jpg

maobscn2-vi.jpg

camp1-vi.jpg

ST_SUNSET1-vi.jpg

ST_SUNSET2-vi.jpg

I was supposed to leave this morning but my axle was still on the garage floor. Had to cut off the LCA mounts, weld on some Currie units along with mini skids, rebuild my control arms and trac bar, build lower shock mounts to eliminate the POS bar pin, change diff fluid and pack. Well, I put the axle back in (by myself because my friend didn't show up :mad: ) and now I have a serious wobble at 45MPH. Damn!!!! Suppose the caster could have changed slightly from those new LCA mounts, but it wouldn't have been much. So, I guess tomorrow AM I will be experimenting with caster settings and then hit the road once I get it dialed in.

Sorry to hear you're not going, Bones. I guess I missed the story behind the CO mishap. What happened? Hope you get everything works out okay.

Tom

Tom R. said:
Sorry to hear you're not going, Bones. I guess I missed the story behind the CO mishap. What happened? Hope you get everything works out okay.

Tom

I was leading up to a trail near Buena Vista. We were running in a heavy dust and when I stopped at the trail head the Jeep behind me didn’t. I think John said they quoted his damage at about $6700. Insurance is trying to tell me I have about $1200 in damages, but my independent estimate at one of the insurance companies preferred shops is at nearly $3k. Looks like it will end up in small claims. I'm tired of messing with assess at the ins. co.

Here's a picture of John's XJ after the accident:
226-vi.jpg

Have fun in Moab guys. I will miss the wheeling and friends.

Bones :skull1:

That sucks Bones! We'll miss yah!

JKTXJ said:
I was supposed to leave this morning but my axle was still on the garage floor. Had to cut off the LCA mounts, weld on some Currie units along with mini skids, rebuild my control arms and trac bar, build lower shock mounts to eliminate the POS bar pin, change diff fluid and pack. Well, I put the axle back in (by myself because my friend didn't show up :mad: ) and now I have a serious wobble at 45MPH. Damn!!!! Suppose the caster could have changed slightly from those new LCA mounts, but it wouldn't have been much. So, I guess tomorrow AM I will be experimenting with caster settings and then hit the road once I get it dialed in.

Did you get the pile of crap moving? You should have called, I could have probably gone to stinky town today and helped.

I really wanted ya to see the jeep, bro..but we'll hook up next year, if not in Moab, maybe in Colorado. Someone told me there were other states..but ya know how rumors start... :shocked:

Back