• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hole 'n the Rock excursion!

I will most likely Boondock nearby.

I think I should park my truck and trailer at the marina to be safe. I'll go to the camp ground to make it easier to ditch the truck.

Sounds great - how early do you guys want to wake up?

Handlebars said:
I'll wake up when you have breakfast ready. :D

how do you like your generic instant breakfast, shaken or stirred? :cool:

You guys planning on getting into Moab, when, after this trail? I'd like to shake the bugs out of the 'new' jeep, if I can, not sure if this trail is the way to do it, though. Picking the jeep up in SLC friday, looks like. I might be able to swing this trip..but if its too 'iffy' will just do the moab thing and skip it. Kinda wanted to be in Moab monday. I've got a cabin the 4th thru the 10th, so can go either way.

The pros are,
good times, great scenery, we should hit Moab sometime Monday, new parts that fall off your rig can be found by the rest of us :D, it would be good to wheel with you Jon. If you show up Sat morn, you can always ride shotgun or passenger if you don't want to risk taking it on the trail yet.

The cons are,
extremely remote trail, you wouldn't have time to test all the new parts before leaving to get down there for the Sat. morning start. It's a lot of lonely 2 lane and very dark at night. Finding "bugs" on the way down could be just as bad (or worse) as having "bugs" on the trail.

I replaced a motor mount and a tcase seal today that put me a little behind but I'll be there Fri. evening for sure. Do you think I need reservations? Glad we have another going with use. It will be a great trip!

Handlebars said:
It would be great to have you along, but this is not the trail to take a questionable vehicle. It is very long and remote. I have an empty seat if you want to ride along...
Understood, and I'll pass. Work just informed me the leave I requested is denied..seems a supervisor wants it off, instead...after I requested it. Everything but the tc and tranny are new on this vehicle. Dunno if that's questionable or not, but better to not spoil someone's trail ride. It was supposed to have been done yesterday, which would have given me a couple days to check it out..now..it's hop in it..and head south.

xjblue said:
The pros are,
good times, great scenery, we should hit Moab sometime Monday, new parts that fall off your rig can be found by the rest of us :D, it would be good to wheel with you Jon. If you show up Sat morn, you can always ride shotgun or passenger if you don't want to risk taking it on the trail yet.

The cons are,
extremely remote trail, you wouldn't have time to test all the new parts before leaving to get down there for the Sat. morning start. It's a lot of lonely 2 lane and very dark at night. Finding "bugs" on the way down could be just as bad (or worse) as having "bugs" on the trail.

Understood, I trust your's and Alex's judgement. I'll skip it, and just do weenie trails at Moab.

RangerRick said:
I replaced a motor mount and a tcase seal today that put me a little behind but I'll be there Fri. evening for sure. Do you think I need reservations? Glad we have another going with use. It will be a great trip!
The campground at Halls Crossing is 18 bucks a night and they don't take reservations. I can't find the website again, but I remember it having 58 sites or so. I think they do have showers, though.

Rick- what does your Jeep look like? Mine is a red 2-door.

I'll be driving a white one ton Dodge with camper, brown trailer, and a white 91 2dr XJ.

Back