• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12th Birthday at MOAB!

jrowell

NAXJA Forum User
It will be my daughters 12th Birthday on Friday the 11th. I'm looking for something a little cool to do to celebrate her Bday. She gave up having a party with her fiends to come to Moab with me for the week. Maybe I'll take her to dinner and ice cream on Thursday since the raffle & dinner is Friday. I'm sure there is somewhere in Moab to get a B-day Cake... Maybe I'll get one and bring to the raffle for some kids to share with her. Anyone taking there kids?

If you remind me or Goatman, I'm sure that we will sing to her as a group.

mac 'tho someone else may need to lead singing' gyvr

Kids - yes! I always take at least a few wheeling. I'll have all 4 (boys) in Moab, ages 3, 5, 7, 11. There will be a bunch more in our group, but all younger than 11... (And don't worry NAXJA, we're not staying at Slick Rock :))

As far as kids stuff in Moab, not too sure... How girly is she? There is a small theater so you could take her to a movie. Also, being a tourist town there are a lot of trinket shops with shirts, jewelry, etc, so you could walk down Main Street and give her a cash present to go "shopping" with. There are a couple grocery stores in town so I'm sure the Cake will be doable. There is also a decent creamery and candy shop.

It will take creativity and planning to make it special, but can be done.

If you really want to do something fun fir her, take on the ziplines my daughter's (11, 12) both loved it. If she's not into that then there's always hole in the rock house and petting zoo. Kids seem to like that too.

Re: Re: 12th Birthday at MOAB!

If you really want to do something fun fir her, take on the ziplines my daughter's (11, 12) both loved it. If she's not into that then there's always hole in the rock house and petting zoo. Kids seem to like that too.

Is there a zipline there? She would love that! Great idea.

Re: Re: 12th Birthday at MOAB!

Is there a zipline there? She would love that! Great idea.

Yup 6 actually. opened in march. Not sure in price since it seems to be different everytime I call.

This is the one trip we leave our kids home. Every other trip they go with us but this is our one vacation a year we try to get away from them.

I'm sure we can do something memorable to make it special for her.

Day 1 of the"shhh, don't tell mom" moments...
qenyqa9u.jpg

Back